The efficiency of your air conditioner affects how well it cools and how much it costs to keep your home’s interior comfortable. Time and wear can reduce the system’s efficiency and drive up your utility bills. Try some or all of the following suggestions to increase air conditioner efficiency this year. By following these steps it will better your system performance and lower energy costs.
- Call for maintenance — Regular preventive maintenance is the best way to keep your air conditioner working effectively and efficiently. Your All Elements HVAC professional can check the system from end to end and make adjustments and minor repairs that boost performance. Regular maintenance also extends the equipment’s functional lifespan, ensuring you’ll get the most amount of service possible out of your cooling system.
- Change the air filters — Along with regular maintenance, frequent filter changes help keep your A/C working at its best. Clean, fresh filters promote the airflow that the system needs to work properly. Monthly filter checks are recommended and filters should be changed whenever they get dirty.
- Seal the ductwork — If leaks develop anywhere in the ductwork system, large amounts of cool air can be lost. This wastes both energy and money and causes your air conditioner to work harder to make up for the loss. Make sure all ductwork sections are connected tightly together and that connections are sealed with mastic or metal tape.
- Use a ceiling fan — Turn on your ceiling fans and direct the breezes they create downward into the room. The drafts from the fan will cool you off, making the room’s temperature feel a few degrees lower. You’ll be able to run your A/C at a lower level and still be comfortable.
- Install a programmable thermostat — Use a programmable thermostat to take greater control of when your cooling system runs. For example, lowering cooling during the day when you’re not at home will save energy.
All Elements provides top-quality HVAC, Refrigeration and plumbing services to customers in the Creston area. Contact us today for more information on air conditioner efficiency and how to keep your cooling system working at its best.